There’s now a place in Wellington for outdoor enthusiasts to snowshoe this winter.
The Evangeline ATV Club is shaking things up at Cannontown Road Club House and has introduced snowshoe trails this winter season.
Lots of interest and questions about our Snowshoeing trails today! Here’s some detailed information about Snowshoeing at the Evangeline ATV Club:
- These trails are exclusively for Snowshoeing or hiking enjoyment. No ATVs as the sign at the entrance clearly indicates (see picture in this post).
- Anyone is welcome to use these trails. You do not need to be a club member. If you wish to support the club’s continued snowshoe & ATV trail maintenance and development, we would be thrilled to have you as a member. Club memberships are $25.
- Donations for use of the snowshoeing trails for continued trail maintenance and development can be dropped in the lock-box inside the club.
- These trails can be used anytime (NOT only for planned/posted events organized by the Club)
- Snowshoes are NOT provided by the Club (bring your own snowshoes)
- When snowshoeing at night, bring a headlamp or a flashlight. We are going to put out some solar lights along the trail, but they don’t light the trail sufficiently at night.
- There is a Snowshoeing Trail sign at the entrance. There is 1 entrance for all loops, which is straight ahead from the front of the club (where the ATV trails begin).
Each loop is tagged with a colored ribbon to mark the trail (marking and signage is still being worked on and improved!)
- Blue ribbon trail is to the right / 1.67km, 30mins
- Pink ribbon trail is to the left / 0.75km, 15mins
- Yellow ribbon trail is straight ahead (short trail great for younger children) /0.3km, 10mins
Snowshoeing only- NO FAT BIKES
The Evangeline ATV Club is located at 1007 Cannontown Road, Wellington
Check out Evangeline ATV clubs Facebook page for further details @ Ridepei.ca